Companies are implementing an Energy Management System (EnMS) to optimize their business operations in many ways. Energy efficiency has become one pre-condition to cut production costs and realise energy savings potentials across production processes, in buildings and transportation.
The ISO 50001 energy management system is an international standard that helps organizations to effectively manage, monitor, control, and conserve energy in a building or industry.
Implementation of an EnMS is intended to lead to reductions in greenhouse gas emissions and other related environmental impacts and energy cost through systematic management of energy. Experiences show that EnMS can help organizations save in average 10-15% of their energy costs without major investments, just by optimizing process flows.
The standard is applicable to all types and sizes of organizations, irrespective of geographical, cultural or social conditions. Successful implementation depends on commitment from all levels and functions of the organization, and especially from top management.
Our experts assist you in setting up the management system and thus meet the requirements of the ISO 50001 standard:
- Conduct energy checks and energy audits to define the energy baseline
- Conduct practical trainings and workshops (in-house trainingsor at our company Academy+) for staff and members of the energy team to make them fit for the EnMS implementation
- Setting up effective energy data monitoring system as a pre-condition for effectively managing your energy consumption
- Conduct benchmark analyses to identify potentials for energy optimization for different user groups and processes
- Developing the required EnMS documentation
- Support during internal and external (certification) audits
The ISO 50001 standard is compatible with other management standards, among them the ISO 9001 (quality management) or the ISO 14001 (environmental management) standards. In case you have any of these management systems in place they can be effectively combined to an integrated management system.
Are you interested? Our ConPlusUltra experts are ready to support you in setting up and implementing your management system.